.net web software developer job in Belfast
.net web software developer
Overview of Role
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior ASP.NET/VB.NET developer with a strong background in building scalable, high-quality and high-performance eCommerce web applications in Microsoft ASP/VB.net technology.
This person will work with a team of software developers and web designers to build high demand eCommerce systems that bring results and value to our clients.
- Salary dependent upon skills and experience.
- Holiday entitlement - 31 days, including company public/bank holidays
- Core Working Hours - Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Develop applications or part-applications in line with the specified timescales and delivery requirements
- Produce readable, maintainable, quality code that complies with our internal coding standards.
- Take ownership of the code that is written.
- Assume the role of Technical Lead for a particular project when required, acting as the focal point in development for the client, and assigning project tasks to other Developers
- Contribute feedback about other developers as part of the performance review process
- Liaise with the Technical Director / Project Manager over the production of requirements and specification documentation
- Liaise with Project Managers with the planning and estimation of projects, and defining the project approach
- Support operations to get systems working and to remove issues raised at testing or during site use
- Review and ensure that the code produced is in line with the agreed development roadmap
- Report software defects, and recommend solutions for system deficiencies
- Debug and fix code
- Manage and document source code
- Anticipate client needs and present solutions to project management
- Understand expectations that were set with client; recognise and communicate when issues/events may affect delivery
- Meet with and present to clients when required to formulate requirements, demonstrate functionality and provide technical grounding to their issues and concerns
- Where the framework supports, carry out unit testing. Make sure that all unit tests are running.
- Develop unit tests for all relevant code written that tests boundary condition and error conditions
- Develop code that optimises website performance, and carry out performance testing where required
- Produce deployment manifests that provide the exact information needed for QA and Operations
- Proactively contribute to the internal knowledge base.
- Mentoring over team members in a technology that you are expert in.
- Assume a mentor role with less experienced developers.
- Robust code, that is largely bug-free, readable, reliable, testable and easy to maintain
- Meeting deadlines (thereby contributing to project profitability)
- When Technical Lead for a project, delivery of the project on time to and to specification
Documentation of code, that enables us to get faster, smarter and better at developing websites and applications
- 100% Client satisfaction
Upholding our values
- Go beyond the boundaries of the job description in order to get a good result
- Question and challenge the adequacy and quality of traditional thinking and the status quo; be receptive to new ideas and methods of working
- Convey passion for dotRetailer to clients, colleagues, partners and prospective employees
- Use superior skills and knowledge to produce excellent work that we are all proud of
- Proactively keep up to date with industry news; gain and maintain a good overall understanding of the context in which we and our clients work
- Be open, honest, and professional, with colleagues, clients and 3rd parties
- Put in the extra effort and time if needed to help the team meet its objectives
- Core hours of 9am to 5.00pm
- Additional hours as and when required
- Remain available while their code is deployed by Operations at launch of a project
- Be prepared to receive escalation calls about development-related issues, outside of usual working hours
Skills, Qualifications, Expereince and Attributes
Technical Skills - Advanced level of competence required in:
- .Net framework 4.0, ASP.Net, VB.Net
- Visual Studio 2008/2010, Team Foundation Server
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2: ad hoc queries for investigation; safe queries for live investigation; production code (stored procedures, parameterized queries, efficient queries); normalisation; DB management skills; DB profiling
- MVC Framework
- Mobile Web
- Code language skills: code design; design patterns & practices, code profiling, caching, object orientation
- Web Services/WSDL/SOAP/UDDI
- Test driven development
- Testing and unit testing
- Live issue resolution
- Data centre awareness
- Understanding of client server and internet systems architectures
- Ability to understand technical and functional design requirements
- Ability to understand and translate client needs into a technical solution
- Strong sense of ownership for a particular project/client
- Good people management skills - ability to delegate tasks within a team, and mentor others with a particular technology or problem
- Self motivated and hard working
- Demonstrates plenty of initiative; assumes additional responsibility without being asked
- Team player
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail; checks own work for errors
- A keen interest in learning new skills and technologies
- Understands the commercial imperative of meeting deadlines and producing quality code
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and skills
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
- 2:1 or above degree in Computer Science or similar
- Microsoft accreditations, eg MCTS or MCPD
The position is permanent/full-time, based in Belfast, Salary negotiable.
Please send your CV to email@example.com, Email Subject: Software Developer. Please include link to Portfolio.
Closing Date : Friday 31st May 2013 17:00hrs.
(no agencies please)